Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Treasure Hunting with a GPS!


Geocaching - Has anyone tried it?


My brother introduced it to us a few years ago and we've been running around with a GPS ever since. Check this site out if you want to learn more: http://www.geocaching.com/

Abe and I like it because it takes us places we wouldn't otherwise find, AND the kids like it because of the cache (treasure)!

Once you find the "treasure",
then you get to make a trade: one of theirs for one yours.



The kids and I thought this "last one" would be
a quick stop and grab -
but Abe left out a few details:
mosquitoes, poison oak, and a 2 mile hike (in flip flops).
But everyone agreed it was worth it when we found the treasure!


Try it, you'll be hooked too!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

It looks like fun... but a little confusing?

The Father of Five said...

I enjoy GeoCaching too!! I >>LOVE<< it when I can take the kids out with me, but (frown) I was just told my #2 (14 years old) that he does not like it as much as he has led me to believe... Told me that he let me think he liked it because it meant so much to me (frown). I told him I would not take him with me QUITE as often, but maybe still once and a while.. He smiled and said "yeah, sure". I then took the opportunity to "remind" him that it is OK to talk to me about anything, even if he thinks I will not like it...

Great Blog! I'll be back to check it out! (got to go pick up #2 and #3 from #1's house - and #4 who is at a birthday party!