Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Give What You Can


Thanks to Renee - Our family visited the most interesting Christmas Display in Bakersfield. It's located a little bit west of the bike path entrance on Coffee Road . You've got to go see it!

While we were there, a homeless man came up and asked us if we liked what he and his wife had done. They watched Charlie Brown's Christmas at a nearby church and wanted to give something special to the community. They decided to turn something ugly into something beautiful. They found an old dead tree and after three months of digging through trash cans, did just that; they turned an old tree stump into something you've never seen before. Their theme caught on and many of us have added to their art project. I think it is the most beautiful Christmas Display in all of Bakersfield.

Here's a poem Elaine Davis pointed out to me that reminds me of what Christmas is all about!

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.

Lets all give what we can this Christmas!

1 comment:

Jen Wolff said...

Joy, this is awesome! Thanks for sharing this!