Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Last Straw


To counter act the "tradition-al" fights. We've started building a " soft bed" for the baby Jesus with straw. I'm sure most of you have heard of this, but after we read the book,"The Last Straw", we picked family members names from a hat. Then we spend the week doing nice things for the one we picked. Each time an act of service is done, a piece of straw is added to the manger. It's been wonderful to watch the kids sneak into each other's room and do quiet acts of service. It's really true that when we help each other, we feel love for each other more. Now believe me it's far from "the Brady Bunch" around here, but every act of kindness helps and like my blog title says, "Pressing forward - never giving up!"

Do you have any great ideas to add love in your home this season?

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Show love? Do boys actually do that? No ideas here, but I love what you are doing and just might try that around here!

Jen Wolff said...

I found you today while blog hopping. I'll add you to my blogroll. I also have a family blog
www.wolfffpack6.blogspot.com I love the idea of showing love for our family members.