Saturday, April 4, 2009

We Did It!

Today Abe, Austin, and I ran a 5K. It was fun making a memory together!

This run is neat because it's set up by a family who was given $400.oo to do something good with. Every year since then - they have set up this run and donated the money to a good cause. They have turned the $400 into $75,000. Isn't that inspiring?




Here is Austin at the finish line! He came in 2nd place in the whole race and 1st place in his catagory! (21.18 min.)

Way to go Awesome Austin!





Here' Abe at the finish line - he came in 1st place in his age category! (25.09)





Here I am turning the last corner - sweet Austin came back and supported me for the last bit. I came in 3rd in my age group - but I was just glad to finish and not throw-up (like I did last time)




Here we are with our medals - kind of fun! Great Day!

6 comments:

SAS said...

Congrats--great job! You guys are amazing and great examples! Way to go!!!

Jen Wolff said...

That's so awesome Joy!!! Congrats!!!

Robin said...

We're not worthy!!!! You make us proud. Thanks for being part of our "family"!

The Albert's said...

You are an inspiration to us all!

Renée said...

whooo hooo!! You threw up last year?? Gross. (Sorry) That would totally be the end of me and my running days. That takes courage to come back and do it again after that. I am so proud of you. Now, will you finally admit you are a runner? :D

Miriam Lee said...

Just came to say hi--you found my blog and made a comment. Way to go running!! I am TRYING to run for the first time in my life!! Where do you live in CA? We lived in Rancho Cucamonga for four years. That's where we adopted our twins.