Friday, January 2, 2009

Food Storage Friday and my Dad!


We had fun opening up a can of Food Storage Candy today. It didn't look like the candy we were used to. It was candy my Dad sealed up in 1973!! I was five year's old - I'm 40 now - you do the math. The dum-dum suckers were a lot bigger than they are now! The lifesavers were discolored - but the good old fashioned lolipops won for long-lasting looks and flavor. So if you want to seal up some candy and you don't want to worry about rotating it - lollies are the way to go!

My dad's the best! Sealed up food storage candy typifies my Dad - two of things he's always been good at: thinking of his family and following the prophet! What a wonderful example I have to follow!.

4 comments:

Jen Wolff said...

Kind of like a time capsule. What fun! I might have a hard time tasting candy that was discolored though.

JOY said...

It was pretty gross- but my boz are pretty daring when it comes to candy!

Renée said...

okay, that's just gross. Thank heaven for boys and their willingness to try anything. Can I have your boys come over with mine in 20 years to open up and test my jars of Christmas pudding??

khubble said...

That's hilarious!! I love it, your dad must be quite the character!